Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

9 Years!

February 20th marks 9 years when Kevin and I started dating.  It is crazy to think how quickly 9 years has gone and how far we have come.  We started dating at Pepperdine and then after two years he went to play minor league baseball for the St. Louis Cardinals (of course, not a local team).  This was the HARDEST and most trying time in our relationship.  For four years he was gone for 6 months out of the year playing.  I was able to visit him at least once each season, but talk about heart break everytime I had to drop him off at LAX to report to Spring Training.  Many tears were shed throughout those 4 years, but I know it only made our relationship stronger.  When he was released it was bitter sweet (I think I took it harder than him because I knew it was a dream of his to play in the Big Leagues).  Since then we have got married, bought a house, and are going to have a family of 3 in two months.  I think of where we have come and where we are going and I am so excited for this adventure with the love of my life and my best friend.  He truly is an amazing individual with the biggest heart and I know he is going to make the best Daddy.  Can't wait for another wonderful 9 years, Love you babe!

Kevin had me listen to this song the other night called "God gave me you" by Dave Barnes.  It truly is an amazing song and I wanted to share it.  I am just so blessed to have the the most incredible man in my life.
 

This is where Kevin and I first met-Rho Dorm at Pepperdine
9 Years later- Kev, me & baby Reid
32 Weeks (2 Months to go!)
Last weekend Kevin had his Pepperdine Baseball Alumni game.  It was another gorgeous day in Malibu (as you can see by the pictures).  It was great to see everyone and this time I had a chance to walk around the campus as well.
Some of the stairs to campus
It's all worth it when you get to the top!
I miss seeing this view everyday

Pepperdine Waves Baseball - I have seen a few games on this field
My practice and game field - So many wonderful memories were created on this field!
My #1 Baseball Player
Watching Kevin play baseball never gets old =)

No comments:

Post a Comment