Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

3-31-2011 Reid Patrick Estrada Has Arrived!!

Our adorable Reid has arrived, to our surprise over two weeks early.  He was born March 31, 2011 at 5:37am.  He weighed 7lbs. 8oz. and was 20in. long.  We are so in love and have enjoyed every moment of his arrival.

March 30, 2011
I had a normal day at work, without feeling any different from the previous day.  We had a meeting until 4 and then I ran to the grocery store on the way home.  Came home, took a shower, and sat down on the computer to check my email before cooking dinner.  Little did I know I wouldn't be cooking dinner that night, but rather heading to the hospital.  Around 5:30pm, while on the computer, my water broke.  I wasn't sure at first because I had felt great all day, but then realized this could really be happening.  I called the doctor and she said that my symptoms sounded like my water did break and I needed to go straight to the hospital for them to check me.  So many thoughts were going in my head at the time...this is really early, we aren't ready, I will probably go and they will send me home.  Luckily I had packed most of my bag and Reid's, but I was still frantically throwing things together.  Kevin was at his parents for the day, knowing that he probably wouldn't see them until Reid was born.  I called up my parents and they headed right over to the house to pick me up and we headed to Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach.  Kevin beat us to the hospital so I was able to check-in with him at my side.  And the long night begins...

7:30pm- Checked into a room
8:00pm - Nurse came in and checked me and told me that I was dilated to 5cm and that I was going to be having a baby- What 5cm and I was feeling good!!

Last Belly Shot 37 1/2 weeks

2 soon to be 3

9:00pm-?  My contractions started getting stronger so I decided to get my epidural at about 6cm.

#1 Coach and Husband


12:00am - The epidural was great besides a little nausea, since I hadn't eaten anything since lunchtime.  My labor was not progressing so I got some petocin to speed up the process.  Well, it certainly sped up...

I love epidurals...when they work properly

3:00am - My epidural started wearing off on my right side of my body and I was feeling some serious contractions, even when I laid on my side.  The anesthesiologist came back in to give me a shot straight into my back.  He came back after 10 minutes because it wasn't working and I was in a ton of pain.  He moved the IV a little and injected me again.  Then he said he was going into a c-section and wouldn't be out for 45 minutes.  At that time Kevin and I prayed hard core that the shot would work.  The nurse checked me and I was at 10cm - YEP contractions on my right side at 10cm-it was brutal.  My prayers were answered and the shot kicked in.
4:00-5:30 - Pushed periodically.  At this time I realized how amazing my nurse and Kevin were.  Kevin was the best "coach" ever.  I couldn't have done it without him.  When I was in so much pain he kept me calm and motivated me when I was exhausted from pushing.  At around 5pm I was ready to deliver, but we had to wait for the doctor (my doctor did not deliver Reid) to get out of a c-section.  So I sat there waiting (I might have even fallen asleep) for almost 30 minutes.  Dr. Barber came in, I pushed a few times and he was out.  Kevin and I immediately welled up with tears of joy.  A true gift from God.  It was the most amazing feeling holding him in my arms for the very first time. 


The Estrada Family




Mommy is in Love!
Proud Daddy!

Looking back at this long night I wouldn't change it for the world.  I have the most precious little boy and have started an amazing family.  Kevin has been my rock through all of this and it makes me melt to see him hold Reid in his arms.  I am truly blessed and grateful for a healthy baby Reid. 

Proud Grandparents 
1st Grandchild

Yeah, we get to go home



Watching TV with Daddy


Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment